May 08, 2008

#129 All By Myself

Tonight I went to see a movie all by myself. It was a little awkward and I felt a little self-conscious about sitting there by myself before the movie started as people chatted with each other. The “lonely guy at the movies” was made even more noticeable by the fact that there were only about 15-20 people in the theater since it was a 9:40 pm show, so it’s not like you could just blend into the crowd. Also missing was the post movie talk that usually takes place afterward. It might have gone a little like this:

What'd you think?

Yeah I know, really cool effects. It took a little while to accept the premise, with all that building the Ironman in a cave and stuff.

How 'bout that guy behind me making all that noise with his popcorn? Yeah I couldn't wait 'til he was finished either.

Wow, it's past midnight already. I'm going to be really tired tomorrow.

No comments: