May 03, 2008

#124 Trip the Lights Fantastic

Some friends of ours have a band called Roshambo that we went to see and despite their best effort to get me up on stage to play the tambourine I managed to avoid my music debut and hang out in the back by the soundboard. I was too busy bothering the soundguy to let me control a handful of the hundred or so buttons and knobs that he was responsible for. He was completely accommodating to the barrage of questions I had for him and he gave me a pretty good run down of how it all works. I did manage to break him down and negotiate that I control the light show for the band. It was only for a brief time, but it was during the introduction of each band member and I managed to put the spotlight on the guitar player as the drummer was being introduced and playing his solo in near darkness.

No comments: