February 01, 2008

#32 Constitution

My memory may be terrible but I don't recall ever reading the Constitution of the United States in high school. I know we must have studied it and discussed it at some point but I don't recall reading the entire document. So at the risk of revealing just how exciting my Friday night was, I read the Constitution of the United States in its original form. It took about a half an hour to read with comprehension, all the "shall be's", "herein otherwise" and "notwithstandings" makes it a pretty tough read. Here's a few questions to test your knowledge:

1. What are the first seven words of the Constitution?
2. What age must you have attained to be a Representative of the House?
3. How many years a citizen do you have be in order to be a Representative?
4. What age must you have attained to be a Senator?
5. True or False: The President can increase or decrease his compensation while in office?
6. What age must you have attained to be President of the United States?
7. What date was the Constitution signed?

Answers: We the People of the United States, 25, 7, 35, False, 35, Sept 17, 1787

No comments: