February 04, 2008

#35 Now Serving Number 76,001

The Green Bay Packers are the only sports team that I feel I have to watch every game no matter what and now that the football season is over, I thought I would do something new to help me look forward to until next season. Why not make the effort to get season tickets? So today I sent a written request for season tickets to the Green Bay Packers. Did I mention there is a waiting list? I also didn't mention that the list is at the very least over 76,000 people long . According to an article on SI.com, only 70 tickets become available each season, this is due in part to people willing the tickets to their families. So if you do the math my number should come up somewhere around the year 3093. According to the Packers, the wait is around 30 years and I've also read some accounts that it may be 37-40 years based on how far they've moved up the list. So I think I'm safe in saying that the wait is somewhere between 30-1000 years. If you want to get behind me in line, here's the information on how to do so.















Update: I received my confirmation letter from the Green Bay Packers. There's only 78,368 people in front of me on the waiting list!

No comments: