February 25, 2008

#56 The World's Funniest Joke

I've always been amazed at guys who can rattle off jokes seemingly at will. One of my best friend's dad can tell a joke no matter what the topic of conversation happens to be. My problem is I can never remember any. So today I am committing to memory the world's funniest joke. This has been proven scientifically from research carried out by psychologist Dr. Richard Wiseman, from the University of Hertfordshire at the LaughLab. I realize that by picking this joke, I am putting myself at a huge disadvantage because I run the risk of someone having heard it already, but that's the price I'm willing to pay. Here it is (with a few local edits):

Two hunters are in the north woods of Wisconsin when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy takes out his phone and frantically calls 911.

He gasps: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says: "Calm down, I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a gunshot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says: "OK, now what?"

No comments: