February 28, 2008

#59 Marvelous

Today I went into a comic book store and bought a comic book. I've never been in a comic book store before today and I have to say it was quite the experience. Definitely a subculture that I'm not familiar with. There were about five guys my age or older that seemed to be working there who were debating or maybe conversing about some sort of X-men website that they should try to get placed on. I ended up buying a 1978 Marvel Comic featuring Spiderman, mostly because it was one of the few characters that I was familiar with among the thousands of different comics. To me the most interesting part of the comic were the 1970's ads that were in the back of the book, like the rattlesnake belt buckle or the free hypno-coin with 25 lesson in hypnotism.

No comments: